Saturday, November 5, 2016

More Opening Preparation

My last blog post was about a game that completely copied the moves of another. How legal is this? How ethical is this? These are questions for arbiters and organisers. Like earlier this year, in the Victorian Championships, when the Chan brothers, Kris and Luis copied the immortal game Rotlevi-Rubinstein, when they were forfeited the game. I'm not sure if any other punishment came their way, but a 0-0 result was already a way of letting the players know that collusion is not tolerated.

Some might find it amusing when a famous game is copied by players, or even a not so famous game. But it is against the rules. I saw this game this week, but it isn't the first time I've seen the moves. Does anyone else recognise them?



I wonder if the game was awarded a 1/2-1/2 or a 0-0?

No comments:

Post a Comment